Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
Hearty, healthy and delicious
Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Serves: 6-8
This black bean soup is a family favorite. It’s hearty and delicious, but healthy too. It will keep everyone coming back for more, until their tummies are stuffed.
1 large yellow onion
2 red bell peppers
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper
4 cups vegetable stock
4 15ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Chop onion, carrots, bell peppers and jalapeno.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Scoop about half of soup into blender. Puree.
- Add puree back into slow cooker. Stir to combine.
To make this dish even more yummoh, try adding fresh cilantro and diced avocados.